What is YMCA Kenya?
YMCA is an international, Christian, Ecumenical, voluntary Membership Movement under Christian Leadership serving youth and communities without discrimination. It was founded on 6th June 1884 in London by George Williams and up to date, it has grown to cover 119 countries with 58 million members worldwide. In Kenya, YMCA was founded on 8th November 1910 by the former United States president Theodore Roosevelt and has a network of 25 branches and units spread across the country
Empowering young people for the African Renaissance.
We are connected to facilitating and enhancing the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of youth as productive and responsible citizens.
Jesus a foundation of life
The first YMCA started with a prayer meeting and today YMCA is a spiritual movement with strong Christians. We encourage people to use Christianity to create a solid foundation for the whole life of young people in devotions, and prayer. and bible studies. Members worship together to learn how to involve Jesus in the day-to-day challenges of life and spread the kingdom of God.
YMCA programs are designed to develop body, mind, and soul in a holistic way as symbolized by the YMCA triangle
Sports Health & Fitness Swimming Aerobics Gym Team Building
How can one benefit by being a YMCA member?
- Intellectual development
- Discount on sports and recreational facilities
- Improved interpersonal relationship skills
- Spiritual Growth and Nourishment
- Improved leadership skills
- Enriched local and international fellowship
- Opportunity to contribute to community development and more
Christian growth and maturityI am grateful to YMCA for helping me finish class 8, I am sure I will qualify to join form one, I hope they consider me again. God bless YMCA
Empowering Young People for the African RenaissanceI am proud to be part of YMCA kibera women group. First of all I must thank the YMCA for giving us the opportunity of a life time to expand our businesses and get Mosquito nets to protect us from getting malaria that is caused by mosquito bites
Welcome to YMCA of KenyaThe funds provided by YMCA l has exceptionally transformed us into good business women. The businesses we run we are able to support our families by putting food on the table.
Youth are empowered
- Leadership development
- Vocational training
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Local Internship and workplace experience
- Health and reproductive programmes
- Camping/Hikes and excursions
- Community service and civic competence training
- Coaching, mentorship and counselling
- Sports and recreation
- Experimental Learning and self-discovery
- Environmental conservation programmes and many more